Void Visionaries is a group of like-minded young people aged between 15 and 20. Members have the opportunity to explore their personal and collective creativity through artistic skill and process based workshops, innovative research and experimentation. Members also have the opportunity to create work in response to our ambitious exhibition programme.
To date, members have:
- Developed their knowledge of aerosol art and spray painting skills through a series of graffiti workshops with local street art, graffiti and mural specialists, Peaball.
- Started to plan their own art exhibition.
- Explored the process of film making through our ‘Small Histories’ mobile film course with filmographer, Mara Cavalli.
- Shadowed a professional fashion photoshoot with fashion designer Caoimhe Grant.
- Experimented with the techniques of Cyanotype and Lumen printmaking with local photographer Carly Campbell
- Attended guided art exhibition tours within the city and talks with creative professionals.
- Came up with the dynamic new name, ‘Void Visionaries’ and worked with graphic designer, Wayne Daly, from Daly & Lyon to discuss the envisaged identity of their new logo.
- Taken part in a series of Photography Workshops with local photographer Carly Campbell.
- Experimented with different drawing and composition techniques with artist Zoe McSparron
- Explored the process of Collage through our activity packs during the lockdown period.
- Gained insight into the exhibition installation process.
Void Visionaries is an on-going programme of workshops and events which are aimed at young people aged 15-20. It is always open to new members and attendance is voluntary.
Check out our @voidvisionaries Instagram page to find out more and if this sounds like something you would be interested in, sign up and join our Void Visionaries mailing list today by filling out our sign up form, https://forms.gle/e8NGAgFcUJBgcFJp6, or email Zoe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.