Hours: 15 per week, part-time
Salary: £23,079 pro rata
Role: Maternity leave cover, fixed term contract
Location: 10 Waterloo Place, Derry, BT48 6BU
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)28 7130 8080
Void Gallery is currently recruiting for the position of Press & Marketing Coordinator for a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave (beginning 18th July 2023).
The ideal candidate for this role will have excellent organisational and communications skills, be a self-starter, with the ability to work both on their own initiative and as part of a team.
About Void Gallery
Void is a contemporary art gallery that commissions and produces a visual arts programme that aims to challenge our audience and promote the arts to new and existing audiences. The programme supports a diverse range of artistic practices of national and international artists.
The programme focuses on the collaborative nature of art and its ability to add to artistic discourse through exhibitions, events, discussions and partnerships. Through our commissions we work with a network of arts organisations both nationally and internationally to create specific projects.
A key element of the gallery is Void Engage, our learning and outreach programme, which places participation and engagement at the heart of Void, making contemporary visual art accessible to visitors of all ages.
- Outline, develop and implement strategy for all gallery activities across multiple platforms including press, social media, online events and ticketing, website, e-listings, email, print; identifying relevant audiences as per exhibition/event
- Maintain and develop press relationships – securing coverage for Void across its range of activities both locally, nationally and internationally
- Coordinate the production of various assets for each exhibition programme, including photography, videography, printing, etc
- Create all publicity materials using Adobe Indesign
- Manage marketing budgets for various projects as well as ongoing marketing costs, e.g. subscription services
- Social media strategy for all Void activities and for Void’s overall brand communication – creation, implementation, monitoring, analytics and amendments; organic and paid ads
- Website management: updating, monitoring, and liaising with website developers on maintenance and updates
- 2 years experience in a similar role within the arts or non-profit sectors
- Experience in using Adobe Indesign and Photoshop for document editing, layout as well as basic image manipulation
- Proactive, ability to take initiative and ability to both work independently and as part of team
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to tight deadlines
- Time flexibility
- Experience using WordPress
- Familiarity with analytical software: Google Analytics and Sproutsocial
- Familiarity with up-to-date GDPR protocols
Please note: garda vetting may be required.
Please provide a cover letter and copy of your CV.
Deadline for submissions is Monday 27th March at 5pm. Please send your submission to email@example.com with subject matter: Press & Marketing job application.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 12th April.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 028 7130 8080.
Image by Simon Mills.
Void Gallery is supported using public funding from Arts Council Northern Ireland, Arts Council National Lottery Fund, All Island Fund, Austin and Hope Pilkington Foundation, Arnold Clarke Foundation, Bank of Ireland Begin Together Arts Fund, Community Foundation Ireland, Derry City and Strabane District Council, Enkalon Foundation, National Lottery Community Fund, The Ireland Funds, Ragdoll Foundation.